Sunday, March 05, 2006

Well, I finally proposed, March 4th, 2006.

Let me tell you, this didn't seem like the normal proposal siutation, but I knew it was God's will to propose on that day... I prayed and asked if it was the correct day and I said asked Him to make it sunny that day, which was previously forecast to be raining through to Tuesday. Well considering that I proposed, it was sunny, and it started raining only after I had dropped her off, and gotten home.

Now, to the proposal details:

First, we went out to the cheapest dinner, then we went to Tim Hortons, made lots of U-turns, and then straight to the airport.

You see, after Jeru rejected me that time, I decided that I wouldn't talk to her because it was wayyyy too awkward. We had about a week of awkwardness, then she was like crying over the phone about how she didn't want to lose a friend and so I picked her up and we went for a drive and ended up at the Airport... Anyways, we kind of sat there and she cried, and we talked, about so many things, and I just thought that I would kiss her on the cheek, because I was so compelled, by what, I do not know.

Anyway, after that kiss, things became better and we soon we became best friends again. We spent alot of time in my Dad's car too, which is one of the reasons, I used that car as opposed to any other car, and we spent lots of time infront of Gordon, and Olivia's house. We used to drive home from SFU every Friday night after studying (well she was studying, I was just wanting to be near her), and the time 11:11 pm started to gain a weird significance in our relationship...

So back to the proposal night, we went to the airport, and it was cold out... there was a little bit of wind and so she kept like coming close to me and not sitting on the car... I had to turn on the headlights so she could actually see the ring... it was a night fraught with issues.

I finally got her to look away long enough for me to get the blasted box open and VOILA! When she turned around, I tried getting on my knee, but the ground was too wet and there was mud, and so I kinda squatted and looked like I was kneeling and I said: "how's about it baby?" She started to cry... no yes, no i want to marry you, just crying... then she said (after about 2 mins of crying) "this box is sooo big..." and so she continued to cry, she wore the ring... but she continued to cry and then we stopped the car later on, and I asked her: "so what do you think? Will you marry me? and she replied:"I don't know" followed by more crying and for another 15 mins while I just sat there and tried to make sense of things... and she interjected with a few "how much did you spend on this" and "this box is just way too big" ...

Well she finally agreed! (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) She explained that it was an overwhelming moment and that she was just totally blown away by the whole incident, because on the one hand she did expect it, but on the other, she didn't expect the emotional wave that would come out of that small (or big) box...

We went home, and she did not want to go into the house, after much coaxing and encouragement she went in... but she stayed at the stairs. The welcoming committee of Jeriel, Zara, and Emily, really helped! (THANKS GUYS! I LOVE YOU ALL!), we cracked open a good bottle of Merlot and away we went with some Chocolate Mousse.

Overall, it was a pretty crazy night! But a night to remember nevertheless... You know, most people find a best friend in their wives, but I am fortunate... I found my wife in my best friend.

Take it easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I didnt say "how much did this cost you more than once and after 1/2 an hour after the shock.
I admit I coudn't get over the size of the ring box, but the other thing I kept on repeating was "This is so weird..."

Second of all, you ommitted the fact that I said "OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!" in the midst of the crying.

Okay, thats' all.... My ring is BRILLIANT!...hehehe... i cannot deny it.

Matt said...

jesh.God is amazing.and now... the two of you are one..

AWESOME@!!IY&*^&*T^&*(
mattie

Anonymous said...

Hey jesh, i would have never knew there was this romantic man inside of ya.....the proposal was so sweet n i was moved to tears!! But u guys are such a compliment to each other, so I wish u all the best and may God always bless this union!!

Pris